Last weekend was our annual pilgrimage to Southampton for the Guymas 2007 extravaganza. I’m pleased to report that even at 30, Guy still appears as studly as ever, especially when viewed at a jaunty angle.
Glossing over the important theological significance of the festival to Guymas aficionados, I’ve compared this year to the previous events on record to try and figure out the trajectory of Guymas in the future.
Popular Guymas rituals this year:
- Black and white photography.
- Tequila consumption.
- The eating and stacking of pizza.
- The production of balloon animals.
- Enthusiastic gyratory movements that could, if one were very generous, be interpreted as dancing.
- Roast meat.
- Laughing at Guy’s family album (thanks Meg)
But for some reason, there wasn’t much:
- Arm punching.
Here’s some more photographic evidence and here’s to the next few hundred Guymases.